Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chocolate chip cookie recipes (2 for 1)

 In 2003, I went on a quest to find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe that worked in my house. My grandma had a good recipe that she made for MANY years, but the cookies always turned out flat in my house. So I tried 4-5 recipes until I found a good one, and that is the one I make whenever we want chocolate chip cookies! I got this recipe from a free Alpha-Bakery Children's Cookbook that I ordered from Gold Medal Flour many years ago.
The Alpha- Bakery Children's cookbook, filled with recipes
 from A to Z! I don't know if you can still get it...

The recipe in the cookbook... 
A full cookie jar= happiness!

YUM- they're SO good!!

I had another one in college that I made, and it had pudding in the mix. It is my 2nd favorite, because you have to have the pudding to put in the mix. Sometimes that is just more fore-thought that I have... so I don't make it too much anymore. But I like it because you can put any kind of pudding in it, butterscotch, chocolate, vanilla, and they are all good!

I'll post both of them here for you to see & use....

Chocolate Chip cookies
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup of butter (or margarine) softened
1 egg
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of coarsely chopped nuts
1 package (12 ounces) of semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups- I usually do 1 cup)

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix both sugars, butter and egg in large bowl with a wooden spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
3. Drop dough  by rounded tablespoonfuls about 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes (centers will be soft). Let cookies cool slightly, then remove from cookie sheet with a spatula. Makes about 48 cookies.



Here is the 2nd recipe...

"The Best" Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter (NOT marg.)
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 bag choc. chips (I usually do 1/2 bag)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream first four ingredients together.
3. Mix in next two ingredients.
4. Stir in last three ingredients
5. Bake for 10 min.

Variations:
-Use butterscotch pudding and butterscotch chips
-Use choc pudding and peanut butter chips
-Use choc pudding and choc chips


Let me know if you try either one and how you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...