Monday, December 17, 2018

Almost Christmas (song)

Lately I have been living this song by Josh Wilson. I like his music anyway, but I love his Christmas album called "Noel." There are several great songs on it, but this is my favorite, and the one I have had stuck in my head several times recently.

I like 'different" Christmas songs. I get tired of hearing the same songs over and over, year after year. I like when artists write a new song about Christmas. I know it is an old story, but it is refreshing to hear it told in a new song. I hope you have a moment to take a listen!

Josh Wilson - Almost Christmas 

Christmas lights, shinin' bright, 
what a sight I wanna feel this way, 
every day of my life Oh I can hear the bells ringin' out loud 
and it sounds like it's almost Christmas

In the street, families caroling, 

singing the same noel the angels sing
It's the birth of peace on the earth 
Tell me have you heard that it's almost Christmas?

And I feel like I'm eight years old again 

Waiting for December 25th It's almost Christmas
I'll be home soon makin' memories 
So excited I can hardly sleep It's almost Christmas Day

There's somethin' new in the air, everywhere 

Makin' me take the time, time to stop, time to share 
Till the people I love the most really know 
Cause it's almost Christmas

And while the snow is comin' down, 
all around I'll take a moment to remember 
how it's the birth of peace on the earth 
Tell me have you heard that our God is with us?

I feel like I'm eight years old again 

Singing ‘bout that boy in Bethlehem 
It's almost Christmas 
And I'll be home soon makin' memories 
So excited I can hardly sleep
It's almost Christmas Day!


You can listen to this song on YouTube here.


Luke 2:4-7
So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

Luke 2:14
‘Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...