Wednesday, July 6, 2022

The best advice...

 I have been listening to podcasts for a few years now. I have listened to the "Office Ladies" podcast while rewatching seasons 5 and 6.  I listened to one last year with Danny Gokey and his wife. I listened to another one with Joel and Moriah Smallbone. I listened to several episodes of a Mom Life podcast, and also to a MumLife podcast.


Recently, after the K-LOVE (radio station) fan awards, the fans voted that Sadie Robertson Huff (her Dad is of "Duck Dynasty" fame) and her podcast called "Whoa, that's good!" was rated the best. I hadn't heard it before, so I listened to a few newer episodes. Sadie has written several books, spoken at Ladies' Conferences, and was even on "Dancing with the Stars." I enjoy the podcast a lot, since she is a young Christian woman, and has lots of great guests that she interviews. I've only listened to 10 or 12 episodes, but I have gotten some great nuggets out of each one. The episodes run between 30 and 45 minutes. (And I love her Louisiana accent!)

One of the first questions that Sadie asks her guests is, "What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?" I think it's a great conversation starter. I always enjoy what the guests have to say.

Here are several that I have really liked:        (yes, I wrote them down!)

This is the one that started them all... "You're not kind because others are kind to you, you're kind because you are a kind person." - Sadie's great-grandmother

Happiness is a moral obligation. Where you bring your attention always determines how you feel. Focus on what is right way more than what’s wrong. -Dr. Daniel Amen


Your dreams are minor league dreams compared to what God’s major league dreams for you. -Matthew West


The first person who says “I’m sorry” wins. -Cory Asbury


Sometimes a good nap or a good night’s sleep can reset your perspective on your problems. Pray, give it to God, and rest in Him.  -Sadie’s mom, Korie Robertson


 Trust in the Lord. Don’t lean on your own understanding. Prov. 3:5-6  -Francine Rivers


Be intentional in your relationships. Answer the phone. Call each other. It is important and means more than you know. Mrs. Huff (her mom-in-law)


If you can help someone, you should. -Luke Smallbone

So much of what we do is a team effort. We need each other. - Joel Smallbone


Do it afraid. Do it anyway. The first time is always the scariest. -Francesca Battestelli


Don’t take everything personally. If others don’t like me, it is not about me. - Chrissy Metz



So that brings me to ask you, What is your best piece of advice?


I remember my Grandma telling me that I don't need to be afraid, God has all things in His hands and under control. I really like that! It's a very good reminder!





Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.


Psalm 20:7
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.


Psalm 40:3
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...