Monday, July 27, 2026

Tandoori Chicken Recipe (Instant Pot)

 This is a recipe that my husband found online several years ago, and we have been enjoying it a lot lately. Some of you may know that I have a bunch of dietary restrictions, so I am always happy when I find something that I can eat. It is also easy AND delicious! It checks ALL of the boxes.

The prep time is about ten minutes, and it cooks for 30 minutes. We often cook rice to go along with the chicken and sauce, and we do that in the Instant Pot too! My oldest daughter loved it when she visited us this summer, and my mother-in-law and sister-in-law enjoyed it when we visited them over spring break!

Ready to cook!


So here is the recipe; it is officially called "Coconut Tandoori-Inspired Chicken"

INGREDIENTS

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (I use chicken breasts)

2 tablespoons honey

2 tablespoons garam masala*

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon cumin

2 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons turmeric

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

14-ounce can of coconut milk


INSTRUCTIONS

Freezer version: Mix everything together in a freezer-friendly bag or container. Place in the freezer and store up to three months. When you're ready to cook, follow the directions below!

Instant Pot: Add everything to the Instant Pot. If it's thawed, cook for 5 minutes on manual high pressure + 10 minutes for natural release. If it's frozen, cook for 15 minutes on manual high pressure + 10 minutes natural release. Shred and serve over rice!

 Slow Cooker: Add everything to the Slow Cooker. If it's thawed, cook for 4 hours on high, or 6 hours on low. If it's frozen, cook for 6 hours on high. Shred and serve over rice!

All done and ready to eat...yum!

*My note: I make my own version of garam masala with 1/2 Tbsp each of cinnamon, cloves, cumin, and nutmeg.     ALSO, make sure you have turmeric for this recipe!


NOTES

If you let the sauce stand for 15 minutes before serving, it should thicken up slightly and take on the texture of a light gravy or curry sauce. I find chicken thighs are pretty small and cook up quickly, but make sure you check to make sure that they are fully cooked. I like to add a veggie to round out the meal. You can also serve it with rice bowls, cauliflower rice, or even as tacos or burritos.

Thanks to Pinch of Yum for this recipe!


I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know how you like it!

Numbers 11:4-6
The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, “If only we had meat to eat! We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost—also the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic. But now we have lost our appetite; we never see anything but this manna!”

Matthew 5:13-16
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...