Monday, July 22, 2013

Prayer for Husband's Protection/ Trials


Prayer for Husband's Protection/ Trials

Several years ago, I read the book Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I really enjoyed the book, and typed up many of the prayers from the book so I could pray them over again for my husband, Joshua. This prayer is part of a blog series on Mondays this summer with prayers for husbands. I encourage you to print the prayers and pray them along with me for your own husband! This is a subject that is not discussed often, yet is so important in a marriage. I hope you will join me in asking God to protect our husbands and to strengthen them in their daily battles and trials.

See first prayer here.
See second prayer here.
See third prayer here.
See fourth prayer here.
See fifth prayer here.
See the sixth prayer here.


Prayers for His Protection
Lord,  I pray that You would protect  (name) from any accidents, diseases, dangers or evil influences. Keep him safe, especially in cars and planes. Hide him from violence and the plans of evil people. Wherever he walks, secure his steps. Keep him on Your path so that his feet don’t slip (Psalm 17:5). If his foot does slip, hold him up by Your mercy (Psalm 94:18). Give him the wisdom and discretion that will help him walk safely and not fall into danger (Proverbs 3:21-23). Be his fortress, strength, shield, and stronghold (Psalm 18:2,3). Make him to dwell in the shadow of Your wings (Psalm 91:1-2). Be his rock, salvation, and defense, so that he will not be moved or shaken (Psalm 62:6). I pray that even though bad things may be happening all around him, they will not come near him (Psalm 91:7). Save him from any plans of the enemy that seek to destroy his life (Psalm 103:4). Preserve his going out and coming in from this time forth and even forevermore (Psalm 121:8). 

Prayers for His Trials
Lord, You alone know the depth of the burden my husband carries. I may understand the specifics, but You have measured the weight of it on his shoulders. I’ve not come to minimize what You are doing in his life, for I know You work great things in the midst of trials. Nor am I trying to protect him from what he must face. I only want to support him so that he will get through this battle as a winner. 
God, You are our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1). You have invited us to “come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16). I come before Your throne and ask for grace for my husband. Strengthen his heart for this battle and give him patience to wait on You (Psalm 27:1-4). Build him up so that no matter what happen he will be able to stand strong through it. Help him to be always “rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer” (Romans 12:12). Give him endurance to run the race and not give up, for You have said that “a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again” (Proverbs 24:16). Help him to remember that “the steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholds him with His hand” (Psalm 37:23,24).
I pray that he will look to You to be his “refuge until these calamities have passed by” (Psalm 57:1). May he learn to wait on You because “those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31). I pray that he will find his strength in You and as he cries out to You, You will hear him and save him out of all his troubles (Psalm 34:6).
--------------------------------------------
Do you pray for your husband every day? Why not begin today?


Psalm 94:18
When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.


Psalm 62:6
Truly He is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.


Psalm 27:1-4
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked advance against me
to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.

4 One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.

2 comments:

  1. This is a miraculous prayer! I truly believe in the power of divine intervention.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...