Monday, June 24, 2013

Prayer for Husband's Sexuality/ Affection

Prayer for Husband's Sexuality/ Affection

Several years ago, I read the book Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I really enjoyed the book, and typed up many of the prayers from the book so I could pray them over again for my husband, Joshua. I am going to start a blog series on Mondays this summer with prayers for husbands. I encourage you to print the prayers and pray them along with me for your own husband! This is a subject that is not discussed often, yet is so  important in a marriage. I hope you will join me in asking God to guard our husbands in their sexuality and their affections.


See first prayer here.
See second prayer here.

Prayer for His Sexuality

Lord, bless my husband’s sexuality and make it an area of great fulfillment for him. Restore what needs to be restored, balance what needs to be balanced. Protect us from apathy, disappointment, criticism, busyness, unforgiveness, deadness, or disinterest. I pray that we will make time for one another, communicate our true feelings openly, and remain sensitive to what each other needs. 
Keep us sexually pure in mind and body, and close the door to anything lustful or illicit that seeks to encroach upon us. Deliver us from the bondage of past mistakes. Remove from our midst the effects of any sexual experience- in thought or deed- that happened outside of our relationship. Take away anyone or anything from our lives that would inspire temptation to infidelity. Help us to “abstain from sexual immorality” so that each of us will know “how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor” (1 Thess. 4:3-5). I pray that we will desire each other and no one else. Show me how to make myself attractive and desirable to him and be the kind of partner he needs. I pray that neither of us will ever be tempted to think about seeking fulfillment elsewhere.
I realize that an important part of my ministry to my husband is sexual. Help me to never use it as a weapon or means of manipulation by giving and withholding it for selfish reasons. I commit this area of our lives to You, Lord. May it be continually new and alive. Make it all that You created it to be.

  
Prayer for His Affection

Lord, I pray for open physical affection between my husband and me. Enable each of us to lay aside self-consciousness or apathy and be effusive in our display of love. Help us to demonstrate how much we care for and value each other. Remind us throughout the day to affectionately touch one another in some way. Help us not to be cold, undemonstrative, uninterested or remote. Enable us to be warm, tender, compassionate, loving and adoring. Break through any hardheadedness on our part that refuses to change and grow. If one of us is less affectionate to the other’s detriment, bring us into balance. 
Where any lack of affection has planted a negative view of marriage in our children, or taught them an incorrect way of relating to a marriage partner, help us to model the right way so they can observe it. Show us how to openly confess our errors to them and demonstrate or commitment to live differently. 
Change our habits of indifference or busyness. May we not so take each other for granted that we don’t make the effort to reach out and touch one another with affection. Help us not to weaken the marriage through neglect of this vital means of communication. I pray that we always “greet one another with a kiss of love” (1 Peter 5:14). I know that only the transforming power of the Holy Spirit can make changes that last. I trust You to transform us and make us the husband and wife you called us to be.


Have you prayed for your husband lately? Why not start today?

Genesis 25:21

Isaac prayed to the Lord on behalf of his wife, because she was childless. The Lord answered his prayer, and his wife Rebekah became pregnant.

Hebrews 13:4
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Deuteronomy 22:13-19

(Marriage Violations)
 If a man takes a wife and, after sleeping with her, dislikes her and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, “I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,” then the young woman’s father and mother shall bring to the town elders at the gate proof that she was a virgin. Her father will say to the elders, “I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. Now he has slandered her and said, ‘I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.’ But here is the proof of my daughter’s virginity.” Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, and the elders shall take the man and punish him. They shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver and give them to the young woman’s father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.

17 comments:

  1. Pray for my husband Clayton t show me affection and for him to not pull away from mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for doing this; it has help so many.

    Anika Brewer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying this, standing firm on its power to reach God for healing my marriage!!!
    Thank Father! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please join me pray for my husband to show me more affection and to desire me as his wife.
    His past experience has caused a blockage in our sexual life because he now does not love sex any longer. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am starving for affection from my husband. Yet I remain faithful to God and him. My heart is so full of pain from neglect. Asking for prayers for my marriage. Marriage is a ministry and I think mine is failing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll pray for you God’s Daughter, please pray for me-Donna

      Delete
  6. Pray for my husband to honor his marriage and stay true to his vows and to god. To be faithful and trustworthy. To not be neglectful, selfish, or lustful."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Married about 9 months now , I was praying for our sex life and I thought am I the only one doing this , I googled and found this beautiful prayer. Am so happy I want God to be involved in every aspect of our marriage. GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS PRAYER.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please pray for continued blessings on my marriage

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...