Monday, June 17, 2013

Prayer for my Husband's Work/ Finances


Prayer for my Husband's Work/ Finances

Several years ago, I read the book Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I really enjoyed the book, and typed up many of the prayers from the book so I could pray them over again for my husband, Joshua. This is the second in a blog series on Mondays this summer with prayers for husbands. I encourage you to print the prayers and pray them along with me for your own husband!
See first prayer here.

Prayer for His Work

Lord, I pray that You would bless the work of my husband’s hands. May his labor bring not only favor, success, and prosperity, but great fulfillment as well. If the work he is doing is not in line with Your perfect will for his life, reveal it to him. Show him what he should do differently and guide him down the right path. Give him strength, faith and a vision for the future so he can rise above any propensity for laziness. May he never run from work out of fear, selfishness, or a desire to avoid responsibility. On the other hand, help him to see that he doesn’t have to work himself to death for man’s approval, or grasp for gain beyond what is a gift from You. Give him the ability to enjoy his success without striving for more. Help him to excel, but free him from the pressure to do so. 
I pray that You will be Lord over his work, and may he bring You into every aspect of it. Give him enough confidence in the gifts You’ve placed in him to be able to seek, find and do good work. Open up doors of opportunity for him that no man can close. Develop his skills so that they grow more valuable with each passing year. Show me what I can do to encourage him. 
I pray that his work will be established, secure, successful, satisfying, and financially rewarding. May he not be lagging in diligence, (but) fervent in spirit, serving the Lord (Romans 12:11). Let him be like a tree planted by the stream of Your living water, which brings forth fruit in due season. May he never wither under pressure, but grow strong and prosper (Psalm 1:3).

Prayer for His Finances

Lord, I commit our finances to You. Be in charge of them and use them for Your purposes. May we both be good stewards of all that You give us, and walk in total agreement as to how it is to be dispersed. I pray that we will learn to live free of burdensome debt. Where we have not been wise, bring us restoration and give us guidance. Show me how I can help increase our finances and not decrease them unwisely. Help us to remember that all we have belongs to You, and to be grateful for it. 
I pray that (Joshua) will find it easy to give to You and to others as you have instructed in Your word. Give him wisdom to handle money wisely. Help him make good decisions as to how he spends. Show him how to plan for the future. I pray that he will find the perfect balance between spending needlessly and being miserly. May he always be paid well for the work he does, and may his money not be stolen, lost, devoured, destroyed or wasted. Multiply it so that what he makes will go a long way. I pray that he will not be anxious about finances, but will seek Your wisdom first, knowing that as he does, we will have all we need (Luke 12:31)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romans 12:11

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.


Psalm 1:3

That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.


Luke 12:31

But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

35 comments:

  1. Hello colleagues, fastidious post and good
    urging comented here, I am really enjoying by these.


    My web-site ... Amelia King

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice prayers....thank you so much for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless u for sharing these prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you they really bless heart in the time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this prayers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all this wonderful uplifting prayers. Thank you Jesus for all that you do. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to thank you for you that beautiful uplifting prayer it really uplifted me and thank you Lord Jesus for everything

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the wonderful prayers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this wonderful prayers, thank u Lord jesus for your word in jesus name amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the beautiful prayers. ..My Dear Lord hear our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  11. God bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this wonderful prayer .

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband has been unemployed for three years. He is going in for an interview right please help us pray. He is such a God fearing man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curious to know if your husband got the job? Or if God opened up another door for him?

      Delete
    2. Amen lord please help me to help my husband find a job.. you a loving god. Please help us in Jesus name amen..

      Delete
  14. Please pray for my husband to get the position he applied for at the Airforce. I love him and he is a hard worker.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please pray for blas my husband not loss job after 20 years our family has move to other city he is having a hard time. May lord help him..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you beatiful words bibical words im also struggling with my husbands tommorow i pray declare God will have mercy on my husband hr to over look i leave God's hands my husband to believe in have be strong have faith in jesus name amen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prayer for God blessing upon my husband finance

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks you so much for this prayer ...my husband is in need of a different job and it's very stressful for him in how and when he should do so or even where to go for a different job ... he wants to do the will of God ... and let me tell you this really struck my heart cuz I know we as wife's should always pray for our husband's (good the bad and the ugly ) I was at a lost to even know where to start to pray ... thank you so much for your help ..Go's bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lord please bless my husband with a job this week. He has applied for several positions. He needs to go back this week. He has been out of work for 2 years in the oil and gas industry. The job is out of town so please bless his finances so he can pay for his travel and work expenses. Lord you r awesome and I ask these things in jesus's name. I know hoh have plans for us to prosper so that we can serve you and help others. Thank you father and glory be to you in these circumstances. I live you father and claim victory of this matter. I pray for all who are praying for their husbands to go to work. I pray that they will all be blessed this week with a job so that you may be glorfied.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amen! Thank you for sharing from Stormie's book! I intend on getting a few copies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please pray for my husband. He has been unemployed for two months and is taking a toll on our finances. With having three little kids, we need him back to work so he can provide the necessary needs for our family. He has a second interview today and pray that they see the gifts God has given to him and see how he can fit within the company. Please lord be with him through his interview. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is exactly what I needed. May you be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes ABBA FATHER, LORD GOD THE ALMIGHTY. We thank you in advance our GOD is almighty GOOD GOOD GOD. We will praise you JEHOVAH all the day of our lives so use my husband Ronald and myself Sarah as you wish. We surrender all of us to you ALMIGHTY FATHER. IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Please pray for my husband Ronald for job placement. The company he was working for close down without warning.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Jesus please help my husband to get a good job as he has applied for many jobs. I have total faith n trust in you my Lord as you know what is best for him n us. We love you Jesus. Thank you Jesus. Praise you Jesus. Alleuia.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...