Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"Toss-back" Tuesday

"Toss-Back" Tuesday

Since I already have something that I do on Thursdays (and I can't do "throw-back Thursdays), I thought occasionally this summer that I would post an old picture. Mama Kat's has a writing prompt this week about what you were like as a child, and would your youngest child be friends with you?

Here it is:
This is me (on the right) and my neighbor friend Becky. I love this picture for two reasons: because I don't have many pictures of this friend that I had before we moved when I was 5. She had two sisters, and we wrote letters for a few years, but eventually lost touch. The other reason that I love this picture is for the outfits we are wearing-- polka dots and crazy stripes-- totally 1978! (I may have been 4 1/2 in this picture, not exactly sure...)

Yes, I think my youngest daughter would have been friends with me. She likes hats and Avengers-- things that were not too popular for girls then. But she will play with dolls and cars-- which I think is what we are playing with in this picture. We both like/ liked playing outside, riding bikes and playing with our older brothers.


Writing prompt #5: When you were your youngest child's age, what were you like? Would you have been friends with your child? Why or why not?

How about you? What were you like as a child?


Luke 2:51-52
 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

1 Thessalonians 2:6-8
We were not looking for praise from people, not from you or anyone else, even though as apostles of Christ we could have asserted our authority. Instead, we were like young children among you.

Just as a nursing mother cares for her children, so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...