Monday, July 15, 2013

Prayer for my husband's choices/ Health


Several years ago, I read the book Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I really enjoyed the book, and typed up many of the prayers from the book so I could pray them over again for my husband, Joshua. This prayer is part of a blog series on Mondays this summer with prayers for husbands. I encourage you to print the prayers and pray them along with me for your own husband! This is a subject that is not discussed often, yet is so important in a marriage. I hope you will join me in asking God to give our husbands strength to make wise choices and for His healing touch on our husbands this week. 

See first prayer here.
See second prayer here.
See third prayer here.
See fourth prayer here.
See fifth prayer here.

Prayer for His Choices

Lord, fill my husband with the fear of the Lord and give him wisdom for every decision he makes. May he reverence You and Your ways and seek to know Your truth. Give him discernment to make decisions based on Your revelation. Help him to make godly choices and keep him from doing anything foolish. Take foolishness out of his heart and enable him to quickly recognize error and avoid it. Open his eyes to clearly see the consequences of any anticipated behavior. 
I pray that he will listen to godly counselors and not be a man who is unteachable. Give him strength to reject the counsel of the ungodly and hear Your counsel above all others. I declare that although “there are many plans in a man’s heart, nevertheless the LORD’s counsel-that will stand” (Proverbs 19:21). Instruct him even as he is sleeping (Psalm 16:7), and in the morning, I pray that he will do what’s right, rather than follow the leading of his own flesh. I know the wisdom of this world is foolishness with You, Lord, (1 Corinthians 3:19). May he not buy into it, but keep his eyes on You and have ears to hear Your voice.


Prayers for His Health

Lord, I pray for Your healing touch on (name). Make every part of his body function the way You designed it to. Wherever there is anything out of balance, set it in perfect working order. Heal him of any disease, illness, injury, infirmity, or weakness. Strengthen his body to successfully endure his workload, and when he sleeps may he wake completely rested, rejuvenated and refreshed. Give him a strong heart that doesn’t fail. I don’t want him to have heart failure at any time.
I pray that he will have the desire to take care of his body, to eat the kind of food that brings health, to get regular exercise, and avoid anything that would be harmful to him. Help him to understand that his body is Your temple and he should care for it as such (1 Corinthians 3:16). I pray that he will present it as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to You (Romans 12:1).
When he is ill, I pray You will sustain him and heal him. Fill him with Your joy to give him strength. Specifically, I pray for (any area of concern). Give him faith to say, “’O LORD my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me’ (Psalm 30:2). Thank you, Lord, that You are my Healer.” I pray that my husband will live a long and healthy life and when death does come, may it be accompanied by peace and not unbearable suffering and agony. Thank You, Lord, that You will be there to welcome him into Your presence, not a moment before Your appointed hour.

----------------------------------------------------------

Psalm 16:7
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.


1 Corinthians 3:19

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”;


1 Corinthians 3:16
Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?


Romans 12:1
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.

11 comments:

  1. This site is very helpful and the prayer's are strong in word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thank you for posting tgese I prayed then this morning and my soon to be cut his hand badly today. No sought god had me pray these for his protection and well being. It could have so much worse. Thank you god for being with him today. -jennifer-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for publishing this prayer. I need this prayer for my husband to change his negative attitudes and beliefs through Divine intervention. I strongly believe that God will touch him and be healed of all his abnormalities and infermities., physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I am grateful and thankful to the Lord our God for granting my prayers for my husband. Alleluia!!! Amen I say to you Lord!!! Thank you, thank you, Thank you my Lord my GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Thank you for sharing and posting these beautiful prayers as they are just what I was searching for to pray over my husband in his time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lord for all the guidance and blessings. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you please grant my prayer.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been struggling with my husband's illness for years now and not knowing what to do. But I am committing myself to praying for him continuously. Husband need their wives support, encouragement, and most of all prayers. Thank you for providing such prayers online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this Beautiful prayer. I will say this Prayer daily over my husband during this time in need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for these prayers. My husband is going in for an angiogram this morning and I wanted to pray for his health. I appreciate you doing this for others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please pray for my husband Francisco, his right side of the face is paralyzed he was diagnosed with Bell's palsy. He is an EMT and wasn't able to finish his shift. I'm also 34 weeks pregnant and this is very frustrating to him. May our Lord heal him, in Jesus name I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please pray for my husband who is sick.
    HE has blood pressure and blood enter his brain.
    Thank God for successful oppression to his brain to remove the blood.
    Right now he don't recognise people and he don't talk what people might understand.and his right body is not moving.
    Please pray for him that he get well soon.
    I'm pregnant 33 weeks with our first child..
    And this is very difficult time for me.
    I pray that our Almighty God will heal my husband completely..
    PLEASE help me in prayers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...