Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Toss-back Tuesday: Favorite family photo

Do any of you have a funny family photo that makes you laugh when you see it? I have a good one that has a story behind it. 

When I was 12, we moved from Illinois to Colorado. We became part of a church, and there were several church members that had hosted foreign exchange students in recent years. We became interested, filled out an application, had an interview and were signed up as a host family! We were soon matched with a girl from Germany who came to live in our home. 

We had a great time with "Tina" and she became like an older sister to me for 10-11 months. She learned lots of English and we enjoyed teaching her some slang. While she was in our home, we decided to have a family photo taken. 

We went to Kmart when they were running a special for photos. There was a really long line. When we came to the front of the line, we learned that the photographer could not move her camera and was not set up for large families. We had waited so long that we decided to go ahead and get a picture anyway. This is what we ended up with...

It just makes me smile... My little sister on the left looks tired and on the verge of unhappy. My little brother looks like he is sticking his head in the group uncomfortably. My dad also looks uncomfortable and kinda unhappy too. This picture was in my wallet for years and shows some wear because it was so well-loved. I like how my head is bigger since I am closest to the camera. Haha!

If you have a funny family photo, I'd love to see it!


Ephesians 3:14-16
 For this reason I kneel before the Father,  from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

1 Timothy 3:4
He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect.

1 Peter 2:17
Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...