Wednesday, September 8, 2010

File Folder games

I love to use File Folder Games (FFG) in our homeschool! It is a great time-filler if we have a few extra minutes to fill, for a rainy day, an easy thing to bring in the van (be careful not to lose pieces!) and a great thing to have to brush up on a few extra learning skills. There are lots of file folder games on the internet, for all types of topics. My favorite place for FFGs is this website:

http://www.filefolderfun.com

They have FFGs for all ages and grades, and skill levels. They have some for preschoolers, like color sorting, counting and other skills. They have games for: sight words, phonics/ language, letter recognition, punctuation, numbers/ math, science, history, health & safety, seasonal games, (Fall, Christmas, spring, etc.,) They are constantly making new games and adding them to their website. I get emails from them when they add a new game. I like the games because they are compact and easy to save. It is just a game with pieces that you print, cut and glue to a file folder. Sometimes I put the pieces in an envelope, or just leave the front partially open with the glue (glue on bottom and two sides, but not the top). Here are some pics of one that I am making for Mallory to do...

Here are the two of the pages that I printed...

Here are some cut pieces...


Here are the supplies I use...
File folder, scissors, glue stick or rubber cement, that's it!



Here it is all put together!

Here is the envelope pocket for the pieces...
Just fold it up & out of the way when you play!

Here is Mallory playing the game...


Here are some of the games that we have in storage.


I love that I can use them over and over again, and keep them for many years! If I ever have my own classroom again, I hope I could use them with kids there too! I  like to put them together when my little girls are napping, or when I am watching the news or a movie in the evening with my hubby. I don't have idle hands very often!

Another time I will have to tell you about LAPBOOKS! Another fun crafty thing to do with kiddos!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...