Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Change

I've been thinking about little changes lately. Changes like kids being able to do more things on their own, not needing mom so much. Things like kids drinking out of a "big kid" cup, negating the need for sippy cups in our house. We are almost there with our youngest... kinda bittersweet!

This gets changed to...
One of my favorite changes that happens each year is the change of Winter into Spring. I love the grass getting green again. I love the flowers beginning to bloom. I love being able to wear short sleeves again, and lighter or no jackets after a winter bundled up each time we go out. I love being able to change my holiday decorations. I don't really have any monthly decorations for the spring and summer months individually like I do with January and February. January has snowmen, and snowflakes. February has hearts and love decorations. But March... has shamrocks? Not really something I want to have all over my house! But I do have some flowers and signs that have Spring on them, so I will be hanging them this week...

...this! Refreshing, cheery Spring decorations!

There are changes about winter into spring that I do not like. I do not like the bugs and critters coming out from their winter homes of hibernation to take up residence in my garage or kitchen again. I also do not like the allergy season beginning. I don't like to take the medicines which make me sleepy all the time! I don't like the sneezing, itchy, watery eyes... I am not looking forward to these... and maybe more...


This "kiss me" garland gets changed to...

But I was also thinking about the expression "change of heart". What does that mean, really? How can we change our heart? Wikipedia defines it this way...
 "The term Change of Heart refers to changing ones opinion, belief or decision."  


So I can change the way I believe or think about something, someone. I know there have been times in my life when I have had to change how I felt about a person, really choosing to love them despite their flaws and idiosyncrasies.  I can change my beliefs, or a decision that I made. I think sometimes these are good ways to change. I hope that someone in my life has had a change of heart about God by seeing my walk with Him. It is something I esteem to daily...
...this! A flowery "happy Spring" garland!


What are some little or big changes in YOUR life lately? Are you celebrating or dreading them? Maybe I like to celebrate Spring because that is when my birthday is! ;-D

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post, Jill! Hmmmm ... I'm not ready for Ashley to be 5 ... but I want to celebrate her being big-ger. Holding on and letting go at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...