Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Miche bag cover

This past Christmas, my wonderful hubby gave me this new Miche bag! Then on my birthday, he bought me a gorgeous black and brown cover for it. I only have the one cover, and I was beginning to get a little tired of it. A friend from church had told me that she sewn her own cover for hers, and explained how she did it. Since I don't have much time during the school year to sew, I knew I had to make it now!

I sat down with my purse, measured it and added some extra for the folding over, and seam allowances. I cut my fabric, and began sewing. Thankfully it was too big, and I trimmed some off. I love how it turned out, and am enjoying my new homemade cover, at least for now!

Here are the rough measurements I used:
27" across from top to top
12 1/2" long
including seam allowances
My birthday gifts in April, including my Miche bag cover.

I had gotten this fabric at our local Jo-Ann's store when it was going out of business. I've been looking for some use for it. My hubby thought I should use it for a cafe curtain in our kitchen, since it kinda matched the colors. Then we painted our wall like the background here, and it matched pretty well!

We had also gotten a new carpet in our kitchen a few months ago, and it is this matching color of red. I also have lots of blue in our kitchen, with some decorations on our backsplash tiles. I'd been waiting to find some fabric with strawberries on it, since I have some red & green painted ceramics in our kitchen, that I decorated with strawberries. I haven't been able to find any in our local stores, so... (scroll down)
The hand-sewn cover from one side...
Other side...
Showing the end...

Close-up of the edge off of the bag...
Showing the whole side of the bag with cover partially off...
I made a curtain from the same fabric, that is 42" wide! It will take some getting used to, since we've lived here a YEAR already! How time flies when you're having fun! (and busy!)

2 comments:

  1. thanks i stumbled on this site am having the same problem but this is a great idea will try it thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you attach the cover to the shell?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...