The Nadel family- Enjoy reading our everyday adventures!


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Miche bag cover

This past Christmas, my wonderful hubby gave me this new Miche bag! Then on my birthday, he bought me a gorgeous black and brown cover for it. I only have the one cover, and I was beginning to get a little tired of it. A friend from church had told me that she sewn her own cover for hers, and explained how she did it. Since I don't have much time during the school year to sew, I knew I had to make it now!

I sat down with my purse, measured it and added some extra for the folding over, and seam allowances. I cut my fabric, and began sewing. Thankfully it was too big, and I trimmed some off. I love how it turned out, and am enjoying my new homemade cover, at least for now!

Here are the rough measurements I used:
27" across from top to top
12 1/2" long
including seam allowances
My birthday gifts in April, including my Miche bag cover.

I had gotten this fabric at our local Jo-Ann's store when it was going out of business. I've been looking for some use for it. My hubby thought I should use it for a cafe curtain in our kitchen, since it kinda matched the colors. Then we painted our wall like the background here, and it matched pretty well!

We had also gotten a new carpet in our kitchen a few months ago, and it is this matching color of red. I also have lots of blue in our kitchen, with some decorations on our backsplash tiles. I'd been waiting to find some fabric with strawberries on it, since I have some red & green painted ceramics in our kitchen, that I decorated with strawberries. I haven't been able to find any in our local stores, so... (scroll down)
The hand-sewn cover from one side...
Other side...
Showing the end...

Close-up of the edge off of the bag...
Showing the whole side of the bag with cover partially off...
I made a curtain from the same fabric, that is 42" wide! It will take some getting used to, since we've lived here a YEAR already! How time flies when you're having fun! (and busy!)

1 comment:

  1. thanks i stumbled on this site am having the same problem but this is a great idea will try it thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...