Friday, July 1, 2011

Quick Salsa Chicken

A few years ago at MOPS, a friend of mine shared this recipe, and my hubby LOVES it! We have it occasionally, and we really like it! I happened to have the ingredients on hand recently, so I put it together. It really is quick and easy!


Quick Salsa Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup thick & chunky salsa
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream
Thawed chicken breasts seasoned with taco seasoning...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat chicken breasts on both sides with taco seasoning mix. Place chicken in un-greased casserole dish and pour salsa on top. Bake chicken for 25-35 minutes, or until no longer pink. Sprinkle chicken with cheese and bake for 3-5 more minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with a spoonful of sour cream and serve. Goes great with rice and salad. Easy to double or triple the recipe if you’re having company too!

and with Salsa added, ready to bake...

YUM! Delicioso!
My substitute Taco Seasoning Mix, from my old Tupperware lady:
3/4 cup dried onions
2 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
2 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
2 1/2 Tbsp dried red pepper
2 1/2 Tbsp dried minced garlic
1 1/2 Tbsp Oregano

Combine and store in Modular Mate Round container.

-I substituted this mix in this recipe instead of a packet of Taco Seasoning Mix. I used 1 1/2 Tbsp of the mix, so I used it in several recipes.

Let me know if you make this recipe and what you think! I'd love to hear your review! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...