Friday, July 22, 2011

Tomato Pasta Salad

Here is a salad that I got from my friend Kim, it is easy and delicious!

This salad works well with lots of different fun pasta-- wagon wheels, curly (seen below) bow ties and more! It is fun to feel odd-shaped pasta in your mouth- it's like a party! :-D

Here is the recipe:
Cook up the noodles- I usually do a box, but you can do less if you want a smaller salad.
Rinse the pasta in cold water, since this is a cold salad.
Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and mix.
Top with 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp basil, 1 or 2 minced garlic cloves.
Chop 1-2 tomatoes (depending on size, if Roma tomatoes, I'd even chop up 3).
Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (sprinkle it well) and toss. Sometimes I will even just shake it in the plastic bowl to mix it up. You can also add green onions, if you have some on hand!
Delicious!



I make this often in the summer, it is quick and easy! 
Let me know if you try it, I'd love to hear your review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...