Thursday, October 6, 2011

American Girl class: Josefina Week 4

We had another fun American Girls class this week! We talked about the book Happy Birthday, Josefina! We made coiled pots with air dry clay... and we discussed the bartering/trade system.
We had hot mint tea and sweet cookies (biscochitos) for snack...They liked them! You can find the recipe here.

This is the 1:00 class making their coiled clay pots...
 More rolling and coiling...
 Working on their weaving again...

 The 2:00 class, working on their clay pots...
 I bought one 10 lb. box of air-dry terra cotta clay at Hobby Lobby, and it was plenty! I still have some left! I also gave them jewels to put into the sides before they dried. Some of the girls didn't add their jewels, because they wanted to paint them at home first.
I LOVE THAT THIS GIRL WORE HER REBOZO THIS WEEK!
 More rolling and coiling...
 It was kinda messy, and I was glad that we had paper towels on hand. I did have a tough time getting the tables really clean. If I did it again, I'd bring a rag from home so I could scrub them a bit!
 And we worked on our hand looms more...

CAN YOU TAKE MY PICTURE SO MY MOM
CAN SEE MY WEAVING ON YOUR WEBSITE? :-D


It was a great day, I loved their work on the pots! And I ran out of several colors of yarn, so I'll be cutting more this week. Only two more weeks of Josefina!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...