Friday, March 23, 2012

Slushy Fruit Salad {Recipe}

You may need a young helper to cut the fruit!
This is a refreshing fruit salad that we had many years ago at a church potluck. I really loved its flavors so  I asked for the recipe. We made it recently at our daughter's birthday party and it was a hit! It would be best on a hot summer day. Since our party was a surfing one, maybe we were wishing for summer!
 Prepare one day ahead: 3 cups sugar and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, when clear, remove from heat.

Then add: 1 -12 oz can of frozen orange juice.

Let cool a little bit, then add:
1 -15 oz can of crushed pineapple with juice
1- 15 oz can drained chunk pineapple
6 or more sliced bananas
1 quart sliced strawberries
2 cups halved grapes

*Mix and freeze 24 hours, stir occasionally.

The sauce getting clear...
Orange juice added and mixed in...
All mixed up and ready to freeze...
After freezing, ready to eat! YUM!
Let me know if you try this recipe, I'd love to hear your review!

3 comments:

  1. Ummm, the minute I read the title I started to drool a little bit. Maybe my basset hounds' habits are rubbing off on me. But still, that looks delicious!! ~Andrea (http://amommynous.tumblr.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so yummy! Can't wait to make this for my family. I'll let you know how it comes out. ;) Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delicious! Thank you Jill for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...