Friday, May 4, 2012

Fun Friday!

 No food this week, sorry! I need to make a new recipe! 

Instead, I'll post this week about a fun project that I recently made with help from my wonderful hubby. He helped me at the end of a long and busy Saturday, and didn't even complain! :-D

BIRTHDAY BOARD
I found this board project on Pinterest (of course-- my favorite place to look for inspiration!). You can see the board here. You can see the directions on how to make it here.

 I bought a plain wood board with rounded edges at the craft store in the wood section. My hubby painted it glossy red for me. (I have red accents in my kitchen) I also found a fun knob in the decor section. I bought the knob when it was half price. I found the red stitched ribbon at the craft store in the clearance section.  I dug through my card-making and scrapbooking stash, and found a tag that I liked. I traced them and cut them out, and then stamped them with alphabet and number stamps for each member of our family. I stamped the edges of the tags too, with the edge of the stamp pad.
 The original post has you use vinyl and a cutting machine to make the happy birthday. I made my own stencil by cutting the letters out of card stock with an x-acto knife. If I was to do it again, I'd probably cut the stencil out of something thicker than even card stock.
 The board ready to paint...
 Paint applied, drying...
 After the paint dried a little bit, I took the stencil off, and then I splatter painted and painted it with the back end of a small round paintbrush. I just couldn't leave it all plain red, I wanted to "do it up" and give it a fun touch.
My hubby helped me put the knob on it (I think it looks like the top of a swirled cupcake!) He also helped me put the hanger back on it, and then I hung it! Hooray! I had seen this on Pinterest NINE weeks ago, and it was brewing in my head ever since! So glad that it is done!

Next to my red and white curtains...
Here are a few Bible verses that I thought about while making this RED and WHITE board...

Isaiah 1:18
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."



Psalm 51:7
"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...