Monday, May 21, 2012

Music Monday: Graduation/ Song

I've been thinking lately about graduations, since it is that time of year. There are so many things I could say to each graduate, but those cards are only so big! Graduation is such a neat time of life, such a bright future ahead of you. As you step out into the big, bright and shiny world, don't forget your friends and family. They will be there for you in thick and thin, bad and good times.

Here is a song that I like that relates:

Power of the Moment by Chris Rice

What am I gonna be
when I grow up?
How am I gonna make my mark in history?
And what are they gonna write
about me when I'm gone?
These are the questions
That shape the way I think about
what matters

Well I have no guarantee
of my next heartbeat
My world's too big to make
a name for myself
And what if no one wants
to read about me when I'm gone?
It seems to me that Right now's
the only moment that matters

CHORUS:
You know the number of my days
So come paint your pictures on
the canvas in my head
And come write Your wisdom 
on my heart
Teach me the power of a moment
The power of a moment
The power of a moment

In Your kingdom where
the least is greatest
The weak are given strength
and fools confound the wise
And forever brushes up against
a moment's time
Leaving impressions
And drawing me into what really matters

CHORUS

I get so distracted by my bigger schemes
Show me the importance of the simple things
Like a word, a seed, a thorn, a nail
And a cup of cold water

CHORUS

from Past the Edges CD, listen on ChrisRice.com



We pray God's blessing on each one of the 2012 graduates, near and far!

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.



Galatians 6:14
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.



1 Timothy 4:12
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...