Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thankful Thursday #2


I have been continuing to read my latest book, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and making my own list of things I am thankful for. One portion that I enjoyed in chapter five was about feeling like you always need and want more time to get everything done. I appreciated her thoughts and meditations on this idea. She explains that when you devote your time to God and ask Him to do with it whatever He wants, it's amazing how you'll find time for what is important, and what little things you can find in that time that are so enjoyable, little gifts.

I found this on Pinterest, and found it to be so true...
Find this free printable here:
http://www.nettiesexpressions.com/2012/01/14/free-always-be-thankful-printable/
Here are some things that I have been thankful for this week, with a few pictures...

 99. Blossom on our yellow rose
 100. Bloom on our peony, with other buds coming!
79. Planting the Garden/ 108. Newly planted tomatoes

72. Word games
77. My mom- her support, love, service and help
78. My parents' love and support through my 6 years of college (15 years ago this week!)
92. FiestaWare
97. Our trusty van, Homer (even though it needed work this week)
114. Pretty violets in my kitchen window box 
118. Kids playing games with Grandpa.

What are you thankful for this week? Have you told God that you are thankful for the big and little things in your life? There really is SO much to be thankful for!

More wonderful verses:
1 Thessalonians 5:18
"Give thanks in ALL circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 

Ephesians 5:19-20
"Speak to one another with psalms and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the LORD, always giving thanks to God the Father in everything."

Colossians 3:15
"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."


You can read Thankful Thursday #1 here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...