Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Works for Me Wednesday: Kids' Bins

On this Works for Me Wednesday (WFMW), I am going to feature some kids' bedroom organization. One place that I have gathered some great ideas on organizing kids' rooms is from this MOPS book:


Kids Stuff and What to do With It by Leigh Rollar Mintz and Mary Beth Lagerborg


One idea that I had recently as I was organizing my three and five-year-old's girls bedroom was to take a picture of what was in the bin, and then tape the picture on the front of the bin. Not a majorly huge task, just took a few extra minutes. I grabbed my trusty camera and took pictures:




After I had the pictures developed at our local Walgreens (with a coupon, of course!), I set them on the counter for two days. (Honestly!) I grabbed them from the counter in a moment of energy and desire to complete the task, and off we headed to the girly's bedroom. My younger daughter happily found each bin that the photo went with, my 5 year-old grabbed her scissors (Is it a good idea that she has a scissors in her room... not sure!?!). After trimming, locating and taping, the task was finished! Hopefully my non-readers will utilize this organizational method more than the labels that were on the bins. And maybe, just maybe, the bins will stay organized? (I'm not holding my breath!)


I hope this inspires you to organize your kids' stuff, and hopefully they can keep it that way! (at least for a day!)


Here is a few favorite Bible verses relating to order:
1 Corinthians 14:33
 "For God is not a God of disorder but of peace —as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people."


1 Corinthians 14:40
"But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way."






Linking up with We Are That Family's Works-for-Me Wednesday Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...