Friday, June 15, 2012

VBS Music: "In Your Power"

This song is partly a chant, very fast-moving, reminding us that God gives us the power to live and move and have our being. (Acts 17:28) We can rely on God's unending power and call to do great things for HIM! This is a great message for kids to learn and remember!

Enjoy Day 5's song and the last song of the week! We've enjoyed all of the music this week, and teaching it to the kids has been awesome!

Day 5 Song
In Your Power
Chorus:
I wanna walk
I wanna talk
I wanna live 
In Your power
I wanna pray 
I wanna stay
I wanna move
In Your power
Repeat Chorus Twice
Verse 1:
I rely on Your power
to do what You want me to
I rely on Your power
to do great things for You
Your power gives me everything
for life and godliness
You have called me
by Your glory and Your goodness
Repeat Chorus Twice
Repeat Verse 1

Repeat Chorus Twice
Bridge:
I wanna see miracles
I wanna see signs and wonders
I wanna see Your glory cover the earth 
Repeat Bridge
Repeat Chorus twice
Words and music by Jeff Slaughter.
Arranged by Preston and Spencer Dalton.
© Copyright 2011 Van Ness Press, Inc. (ASCAP) (admin. by LifeWay Worship). All rights reserved.

You can listen to this song on Lifeway's website here.


2 Peter 1:3

"His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."


Hebrews 2:3-4

3 "how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will."


Here is our theme verse of the week:

Psalm 147:5

"Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...