Monday, July 30, 2012

Music Monday: "I Will Be Here"



This song is a special song to me, since it is "our song"-- my hubby and I's favorite song when dating, engaged and at our wedding. My sweet, amazing hubby sang this song to me at our wedding, and he told me that I couldn't cry! I managed to hold it in until the end of the wedding, then I "leaked". From my eyes. For a minute. I love the message of this song, that we will be there for each other through the ups and downs of life. 


Our 16th anniversary is this weekend, so I am looking forward to a date with my hubby, maybe listening to our song. I hope you'll take a listen and enjoy it too.


"I Will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman
Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the sun does not appear,
I, I will be here.
If in the dark we lose sight of love
Hold my hand and have no fear,
'Cause I, I will be here.

I will be here
When you feel like being quiet,
When you need to speak your mind
I will listen,
And I will be here,
When the laughter turns to crying
Through the winnin', losin', and tryin',
We'll be together,
'Cause, I will be here.
Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the future is unclear,
I, I will be here.
As sure as seasons are made for change,
Our lifetimes are made for years
So, I, I will be here.

I will be here,
You can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you,
And I will be here,
To watch you grow in beauty and
Tell you all the things you are to me,
'Cause, I will be here.

I will be true to the promise
I have made
To you and to the one who gave you to me

I, I will be here
And just as sure as seasons are made for change,
Our lifetimes are made for years,
So I, I will be here,
We'll be together,
I will be here.


© Universal Music Publishing Group, EMI Music Publishing
Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/s/steven_curtis_chapman/i_will_be_here.

You can listen to this song on YouTube here.



A favorite Bible verse about love...

1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror;then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...