Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thomas Edison lapbook

This is another lap book that my daughter and I made several years ago. We read this book, "Thomas A. Edison, Young Inventor" from the Childhood of Famous Americans series. We read the book with our "Beyond Five In A Row" curriculum. I wanted a lap book tie into what we were studying, so we used a freebie that we found here. When we used it, it was not as in depth as it is now. We used some graphics from wikipedia and enchanted learning from here and here.


This is the cover of the lap book:
-Includes two quotes which my daughter traced and copied, both from Thomas A. Edison himself.
"I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun."
"There is no substitute for hard work."
The inside of the lap book folder includes:
Left:
-parts of a light bulb
-Thomas Edison info page (printed at 1/4 size)
-Vocabulary words
-Inventions and inventors pocket (on bottom)
Right:
-Paper dolls, mini flip book
-My Autobiography printable (from Homeschool Share)
-Map of Canada (from Homeschool Share)
-Map of U.S. (from Homeschool Share)
-Tom's Chemicals (from Homeschool Share)
Showing the maps open

Back cover:
-Thomas Edison information page, I think it was from here, but I'm not sure...
-Diagram of an ear and its parts


This was a pretty simple lap book, but we enjoyed it. There is more information to use on Homeschool Share now. I hope you enjoyed seeing our work! Let me know if you have any questions!

Nehemiah 1:11
Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.” I was cupbearer to the king.

Job 12:11
Does not the ear test words as the tongue tastes food?

Psalm 17:6
I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...