Monday, August 20, 2012

Music Monday: Steady My Heart

 I have posted about Kari Jobe before, we have really been enjoying her music lately! I can identify with the words of this song, especially when I've had depressing days. She talks on the radio about the day that she wrote this song, she had pulled her back out and was honestly in pain. I deal with back pain at times too! I love the words "I know I can trust you, even when it hurts, even when it's hard..." I hope that I truly run to God, and sing to Him even when I am not having the best day!

Kari JobeSteady My Heart lyrics

Songwriters: BRONLEEWE, MATT / GLOVER, BEN / JOBE, KARI

Wish it could be easy
Why is life so messy
Why is pain a part of us
There are days I feel like
Nothing ever goes right
Sometimes it just hurts so much

But You're here
You're real
I know I can trust You
Even when it hurts
Even when it's hard
Even when it all just falls apart
I will run to You
Cause I know that You are
Lover of my soul
Healer of my scars
You steady my heart (x2)

I'm not gonna worry
I know that You got me
Right inside the palm of your hand
Each and every moment
What's good and what gets broken
Happens just the way that You plan

And I will run to You
You're my refuge in Your arms
And I will sing to You
Cause of everything You are

You steady my heart (x2)

[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/k/kari_jobe/steady_my_heart.html ]
© Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

You can watch Kari sing this song on YouTube here.

Isaiah 5:19
"...to those who say, “Let God hurry; let him hasten his work so we may see it. The plan of the Holy One of Israel— let it approach, let it come into view, so we may know it.”



Isaiah 49:15b-16

Though she may forget,
    I will not forget you!  See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
    your walls are ever before me.


Ephesians 3:16-19

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rootedand established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...