Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: End of Summer fun!

(Well, not really wordless!)

This past Friday, my sister-in-law and I planned a "Parkapalooza" day for our 8 children, ages 3-13. We made puzzles for the kids from Discovery Education's puzzle maker. They had to figure out what parks we were going to go to next! We originally planned to go to 4 parks, but only made it to 3 in 3 hours. The kids had a great time playing on all the play areas with their cousins, and my sister-in-law even made up an obstacle course at the first park!
 My youngest enjoying the swings...

 My son and nephew tried out the upside-down teeter-totter...
 My 3 1/2 year-old niece enjoyed the swings too!

Here are pictures from the obstacle course:
 My SIL pushed them around on this cool off-center swing 3 times...
They had to climb the climbing wall...
 Go down the slide...
Go across the zip line (most with help)
Go up some stairs and down another slide,
 Ride the teeter-totter 4 times,
 Walk the "balance beam",
 Go up the four blue stools, and...
 Shout finish! at the end, all while being timed! My nephew won (pictured above)!
 My youngest had a tough time on the climbing wall, but she did it!

 We had some time to ride scooters and roller blades at another park, and play with sidewalk chalk & bubbles...
 The boys played baseball with a few sisters.
Two of the "big girls" trying to figure out a word puzzle.

We ended the day with a picnic lunch at the last park and took time to feed the ducks! It was a very fun day, and we were so glad that we got to enjoy parks together! It was a great way to celebrate the end of our summer-- with lots of fun!



My daughter sent me these of the ducks-- such talent! I left my camera in the van...


Genesis 8:22
“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat,summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”


Proverbs 10:5
"He who gathers crops in summer is a prudent son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son."


Proverbs 30:25
"Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer;"

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...