Friday, September 21, 2012

Creative (crazy) sandwiches!


Recently, my son had a creative sandwich. He made two peanut butter and cinnamon sugar sandwiches, put PB between them, stacked them, and put PB on top. Think he likes peanut butter much?

On another day recently, my daughter Bethany wanted a peanut butter sandwich. I asked her what else she wanted on it, and she looked in the fridge. She pulled out the black olives, one of her favorites. I said, "No, that's not for a sandwich!" But she was not swayed, and stuck the black olives into the PB. She ate every last bite. I guess it was salty... I was not convinced it was as delicious as she said!

My kids really like alternatives to strawberry or grape jam on their peanut butter sandwich. Some favorites are honey, and cinnamon sugar. I remember having a lot of peanut butter and cinnamon sugar sandwiches growing up. PB and agave nectar doesn't always work-- it's too runny!

I remember one time when I was growing up that my mom let us have crazy sandwiches for dinner. We put together all different combos, and some were good. But some were bad. Very bad. Peanut butter and ketchup, anyone? Ew yuck! Oh well, at least we learned and tuned up our taste buds!

My hubby when he was growing up tried peanut butter and popcorn sandwiches. My son likes PB and chips. They were all good sandwiches! We like BLATs- Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Tomato sandwiches-- delicious!

We like grilled cheese with tomato soup for dinner sometimes. Sometimes instead of grilled cheese, I'll do string cheese (1/2 a piece or whole) crescent rolls with a slice of pepperoni in there too. It is pretty yummy for a quick dinner with soup on a baseball night!

So maybe if you are bored with your everyday sandwich, you just need to spice them up! You never know when you just might find a delicious new combination!



Luke 11:3
Give us each day our daily bread.

John 6:33-35

For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
 “Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

Acts 27:35
After he said this, he took some bread and gave thanks to God in front of them all. Then he broke it and began to eat.

1 comment:

  1. I renewed my love for peanut butter and pickle sandwiches last week. mmmmm ... sweet and salty and crunchy, oh my! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...