Friday, October 5, 2012

Faithful Friday: More we know...

This past week, I read another devotional which I enjoyed in my book for this year called "Praying with the Psalms" by Eugene Peterson. Once again it related to giving thanks to God. I have found joy this past several months finding unique things to thank God for each day, in my quest to document 1,000 gifts that God has given.

Here is the devotional:
Read Psalm 118:28-29

"You are my God, and I will give thanks for you. You are my God and I will extol you." Psalm 118:28

The more we know of God, the more we have cause to thank Him. As our knowledge increases, our thanksgiving develops. Every discovery of goodness and love is provocation to praise."

Prayer: Because I know Your goodness, God, I can recognize goodness in the world around me. Thank you. Because I experience your steadfast love, I can give and receive love among the people around me. Thank you. Receive all my thanksgivings in and through Jesus Christ.


I really enjoyed this short devotional because it made me think of the truth presented in the first sentence. The more that I know of our God, the more do I really thank Him? I think so, as I read His word it humbles me to know that He knows me and loves ME. He knows my name, and all of the intimate things about me. (Psalm 139) What a glorious God we serve, and He deserves ALL of our praise.

Have you thanked Him today? If not, why not now?

Psalm 139:13-14
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.


Psalm 118:15-16
Shouts of joy and victory
   resound in the tents of the righteous:
“The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!
16     The Lord’s right hand is lifted high;
    the Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...