Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fire Safety Lapbook

Since October is Fire Safety month, I have a great lapbook which relates to that theme! 
You can find the free printables here.

My daughter and I made this lapbook several years ago, and it is one we look at every year. It includes lots of great information and things to do.
Another place to find fire safety lapbook printables can be found here.


Here are two of our favorite books related to fire safety:
My Fire Engine by Michael Rex
and If I Could Drive a Fire Truck by Tonka
On our front cover is this Fire truck coloring sheet.
On the inside left cover:
Four steps to Fire Safety
Firemen matchbook fold
Stop, Drop and Roll indexed tabs
Smoke Detectors circle fan fold
Meeting Spot Triangle petal fold
How to treat burns envelope fold

Right inside cover:
Escape route center fold
Two ways out of each room envelope
Emergency Layered book
My family's emergency plan


Left inside, close-up
Right inside, close-up
Back cover: Fireman coloring sheet

We enjoyed this lapbook and enjoyed the safety discussions which we had too. We hope and pray that our home will be safe and protected from fire, but if it does occur, that we will be better prepared.

_________________________________
Genesis 22:5-7

Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey, and I and the lad will go over there; and we will worship and return to you.” Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son, and he took in his hand the fire and the knife. So the two of them walked on together. Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” And he said, “Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”

Deuteronomy 4:24
For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.


Song of Solomon 8:6
“Put me like a seal over your heart, Like a seal on your arm. For love is as strong as death, Jealousy is as severe as Sheol; Its flashes are flashes of fire, The very flame of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...