Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween costume

When I was in 8th grade, my brothers had a friend that was their age. This friend was kind of a leftover hippie, and he dressed in some outrageous clothes. He had a fantastic clown costume that I really liked. For Halloween, I asked him if I could borrow it, and he let me! For the costume, I used my own purple plaid shirt, but everything else in the costume was his: crazy pink and orange pants, forest green plaid blazer, hot pink Hawaiian tie, red clown nose and rainbow hair wig. :-D I painted my own face with a big red smile, blue around my eyes and white on my cheeks and forehead. I don't know what the white button on my lapel says...

I loved it. I don't remember if I wore the costume to school or not. I do remember my face paint being itchy. I remember trick or treating with my brother (not pictured) and sister, who are 7 and 10 years younger than me. My sister and her friend had the same "Baby Kermit" costume with a green Kermit mask.  They are in the picture with me. I think my sister is the one on the left. My sister had green gloves and an orange pumpkin bucket for her candy. I had a plastic trash bag. Aren't we cute? You almost can't tell it's me! :-D

Writer's Prompt #5: Describe a favorite Halloween costume that you once wore.


1 Peter 3:3-5

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves.

Titus 3:8

This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Great job painting your own face! Love the two Kermits!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...