Monday, December 31, 2012

Music Monday: "Happy New Year"

This is a new song on Steven Curtis Chapman's latest Christmas cd. I've been enjoying it the past few weeks, it was one of the only whole cd's I bought this Christmas. I hope you'll enjoy this song and its message too!


Steven Curtis Chapman - "Happy New Year" 

The decorations have been moved back to the attic
Our resolutions and our diets all in place
As another chapter ends and another one begins
Slowly now we turn the page

Out into the midnight sky, I stare in wonder
At the grand design of how our planet dances with the sun
And I’m thinkin’ this could be
God’s way of whispering
A story’s being told and the best is yet to come

So Happy New Year, Happy New Year
Another chance to catch a glimpse of what is coming true
So Happy New Year, Happy New Year
The God who made everything
Is remaking everything
The God who made everything
He says I’m making all things new

You can listen to this song on YouTube here.

Isaiah 48:6b-7
“From now on I will tell you of new things,
    of hidden things unknown to you.
They are created now, and not long ago;
    you have not heard of them before today.
So you cannot say,
    ‘Yes, I knew of them.’

Colossians 3:9-11

Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self,which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Revelation 21:5
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...