Thursday, March 7, 2013

American Girl class: Molly week 6

We had a fun American Girl class this week. It was our last week discussing Molly! This six weeks has gone by quickly! We discussed our book, Changes for Molly, the sixth and final book in the Molly series. Then I read a story from Welcome to Molly’s World about Sadako and the Paper Cranes. Our craft was Origami Cranes. I made the mistake of not making a crane ahead of time, and got stuck in class reading and understanding the directions. Since I couldn't figure it out, I found directions for a flapping butterfly and we made that instead.

These were the directions that I had for making an origami crane: found here. If that link doesn't work (it did a few weeks ago...) this is another place for directions, and it has a video! It is about 4 1/2 minutes long, but you can pause it and go back if you need to. I finished mine while watching the video. It's not perfect, but I got it done! I hope the girls can finish their crane that we started in class.

For snack, we had Corn Dogs. The girls liked the snack, but didn't understand why we had that for snack! There wasn't really any food mentioned in our book. This web page tells how they were popularized in the 1940's. So Molly really could have eaten them! We had water and most of the girls enjoyed ketchup with their corn dog.

After snack, we worked on our Geography Worksheets for Molly-- two pages from Illinois and England-- that's where her friend Emily was from and where Molly's dad was stationed during the war.




Here is the flag of England that I printed and had the girls color.

Here is the coloring page for Illinois. 

Here is the map of the USA to color in the state where Molly is from-- Illinois. Then they wrote Molly's name on the map.


I didn't get any pictures of the 2:00 class. I just got busy and to talking to the moms and the camera didn't come out! Sorry! Next week we begin to discuss the 1970's and Julie! I'll be wearing my mood ring... :-D 

Exodus 26:9
Join five of the curtains together into one set and the other six into another set. Fold the sixth curtain double at the front of the tent.

2 John 1:12
I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete.

John 8:42
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...