Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"Kid Snippets"

On Facebook last month, a friend of ours posted a video, and she said, "Sometimes this is what teaching is like..." and we really enjoyed the video. Kid Snippets are a video series on YouTube when kids talk and adults act. I feel like that teacher when I teach my own kids too! "Do you get it now?" "Yes...?"

We watched several videos one evening and just laughed and laughed at them. We showed our kids more of them and they think they are hilarious! Their favorite video is when the older brother watches the younger ones, it's called "Babysitting" and its one of their sister series videos called "Kid History".  It's so funny because the mom tells them three things to do/ not do and all of them happen... ha! The kids like the neighbor Robby too, and his songs and phrases. I like the part when the snackers are talking and one says, "Guess what?..." Ha! This longer video has become one that is quoted in our home often!

Another one of our favorite Kid History videos is the family party episode. The parents have a party and the kids are supposed to be upstairs playing video games and sleeping, but they sneak downstairs and get some snacks... ha ha. "Freeze!" "Why did you just get saltine crackers?" "I didn't, I also got Muppets toothpaste!" "It's not regular toothpaste, you pumpkin, it's Muppets toothpaste!" "Those guys are crazy, these are delicious!"

I hope you enjoy a laugh or at least a smile for the day! We like these videos because they are kid-friendly, appropriate entertainment for the whole family, and because the adults lip-sync so well what the kids narrate. The other videos are funny too, but these three are our favorites.

Job 29:24
When I smiled at them, they scarcely believed it; the light of my face was precious to them.

Psalm 33:3
Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.

Psalm 86:4
Bring joy to your servant, Lord, for I put my trust in you.

Psalm 97:11
Light shines on the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...