Friday, March 1, 2013

Recipe: Wild Rice and Beef Casserole


This recipe is one of our family favorites. I haven't posted it on my blog since my sister-in-law had it posted on hers. But it is such a family favorite at our house that I decided to post it here too. I make this casserole fairly often in the winter and the kids like it! 

Wild Rice & Beef Casserole  
(I got this recipe from Betty Crocker's Simple Winter Meals.)
Serves 4-6.

Ingredients:
1 lbs ground beef (can use turkey too)
1 can tomato soup
1/4 cup milk
1 boxes fast-cooking wild rice mix (I like Uncle Ben's)
1 cups cheddar cheese, shredded

First prepare the rice according the box's instructions, omit butter.  If you have the quick cooking version, it should take 5-10 minutes. While rice is simmering, brown beef in a skillet.  When the rice is finished and the meat is browned, mix that all together with the soup and milk.  You will need an 8x8  or 9x9 "pan.  Spray with cooking spray and ladle in the meat and rice mixture.  

The casserole can go covered in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbling. Remove foil and top with cheese for the last 10 minutes, bake until cheese is melted.  We like to serve this dinner with a salad and french bread.  Delicious!


My sister-in-law has this posted on her blog too, and she shows how she doubles the recipe pretty easily. You can find her post here.

Let me know if you try it, I'd love to hear your review!


Genesis 7:14
They had with them every wild animal according to its kind, all livestock according to their kinds, every creature that moves along the ground according to its kind and every bird according to its kind, everything with wings.

Isaiah 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

Luke 3:4
As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:“A voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.

1 comment:

  1. We had this tonight...made me think of you! Miss you lots...hugs all around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...