Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Spring fun!

No American Girl class this week, since it's Spring Break! We'll be back on our regular schedule next week!

Since it's my first Thankful Thursday in a while, I will remind you where I got this idea. I read Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts and really enjoyed it last year. I decided to begin blogging more about thankfulness and incorporating thankfulness into my life and home. Each day, I write in my thankfulness journal 3 gifts that I am thankful for that day. It can be something little like holding my child's hand or something big like money or our car getting fixed. 

Last week in MOPS, we made teacup birdfeeders. I don't have a place to hang mine just yet, but I think it is so pretty and adorable! We have seen birds at it several times, which I love. Birds coming back to our area for the spring! Thank you Lord for a cute new birdfeeder, and for birds which add cheer and sweet songs to my days!

 Before the next few pictures, I must include a story. A few years ago, I heard a speaker who talked about reading a psalm a day before she turned 60, counting down from 60 to 1, which would be her birthday. I mentioned to my husband that I liked the idea and I thought about doing that before my 40th birthday.

I am a gift-lover. It doesn't need to be extravagant or expensive, just a little gift that makes me feel loved in my love language. Even a card or a note makes me feel loved for days! That is part of the reason that I love to make and send handmade cards. My sweet family has been giving me a gift a day for a week and a half now. On day 40 before my birthday, I got 40 tea-bags. Day 39 was 39 tic-tacs. Day 38 & 37 were efferdent tablets that I use for my retainer cleaning. (Yes, I still wear it after all these years!) Day 36 was 36 pieces of gum in two packs of 18. Day 35 was clothespins! My practical heart loves it... Day 34 was 34 tea-light candles. Day 33 was 32 caps and one gun (see below!)
 Day 31 was a 31 bead necklace-- love jewelry and the bead colors are so pretty!
 I've also been given 30 bobby pins (30 big and 30 small), and 29 bite size Snickers bars!
I love the gifts, the thoughtfulness of my family and looking forward to a new gift each day! It makes turning the big 4-0 a little more fun!


Matthew 6:26
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?


1 Corinthians 12:30-31
 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? Now eagerly desirethe greater gifts. And yet I will show you the most excellent way.


1 Corinthians 13: 13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...