Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Latest crafts!

Since I heard my sister was going to have a baby girl, I wanted to make something special for her. I've had this book for a while, and when I looked through it, found a few designs that I liked for a onesie. I bought the onesies at Hobby Lobby, and the green rick-rack too. I already had the felt! It was a fun project to do and my sister loved them!

I found the tulip design in this book and followed the directions to copy the template, trace the pink felt and cut, machine sew the green rick-rack onto the onesie and hand-sew the tulips on. I thought it turned out so cute!
For this onesie, I found some fabric on sale (a fat quarter) and liked this fabric. I didn't know what I'd use it for when I bought it, but here it is! I carefully cut out the flower from the designed fabric, ironed it onto Heat-N-Bond that I got at the craft store. Then I ironed it onto the onesie! Easy and sweet!

This necklace I made while my hubby was watching football last week! I had the gray beads from Jo-Ann's, that I bought a few months ago. I found the square black beads in my stash and decided to use those, as well as the pewter rose (from Walmart or Hobby Lobby?). I love the way it turned out, and I made earrings to match! (not pictured)


I followed a pin from pinterest, and found these directions for fabric scrap necklaces, and made my own! I also made a lanyard for my badge at American Girl class! I had scraps left over from when we made braided rugs in our American Girl class a few years ago, and they were the perfect length to braid together into a simple necklace. There are directions to make headbands too-- fun!

Have you been crafting lately? I'd love to hear about it! Please share...


1 Chronicles 28:21
The divisions of the priests and Levites are ready for all the work on the temple of God, and every willing person skilled in any craft will help you in all the work. The officials and all the people will obey your every command.”

Matthew 9:16-17
“No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse. Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...