Monday, October 28, 2013

Music Monday: "Love take me over"

Steven Curtis ChapmanThis is a new song by Steven Curtis Chapman and I love it! It is upbeat, and I love the message that I need His love to take me over! I like the idea that I can only show love when I really know how loved I am-- by God! God is love, and when we know Him, we can know His love in our lives. He can take us over so we can show love in a supernatural way-- when we don't "feel like it" or feel the person "deserves" our love. God in His grace can help us show love to that other person. His love is powerful! I hope you know God and His love. To know more, you can follow this link.

Love Take Me Over

Steven Curtis Chapman


I hear the clock beep, pull me out of my sleep
Tell me there's a day ahead of me
Trying to wake up, sipping on a hot cup
With the little lady in green

And I'm praying ‘bout the man I wanna be
Saying, God, please take all of me
And fill me up with Your love

Love, take these words that I'm speaking
Love, take these thoughts that I'm thinking
Love, take me over
Love, fill up all of my space and
Love, stand right here in my place
Love, hear this prayer that I'm praying
Love, take me, Love, take me over
Love, take me over

This is what I'm sure of, I can only show love
When I really know how loved I am
When it over takes me, then it animates me
Flowing from my heart into my hands

So I'm praying, Father, help my heart believe
That right now You're singing over me
And fill me up with Your love

Let your never-ending, never-failing, all-consuming love
Take over me

So I am praying, Father, help my heart believe
That right now You're singing over me
And fill me up with Your love

Love, take everything that I'm doing
Love, like a river, flow through me
Love, take me over
Love, fill up all of my space and
Love, stand right here in my place
Love, hear this prayer that I'm praying
Love, take me, Love, take me over
Love, take me, Love, take me over
Love, take me, Love, take me over
Love, take me over



Publishing: © 2013 Chappy Campers Music (BMI) (admin. by Primary Wave/Wixen Music). All rights reserved. Used by permission.
Writer(s): Steven Curtis Chapman


You can listen to the song on YouTube here. 


I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do! Do you have any new songs you like? I'd love to listen to yours too!


Zephaniah 3:17
“The Lord your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.

1 John 4:7-12
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...