Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WFMW: Organizing

Works For Me Wednesday- Organizing
Some of you that know me well know that I love to organize. I am happiest when my house is neat and organized. With kids, most days I am fighting an uphill battle! But I keep trying...



This past Sunday, our Pastor spoke about how sin can be clutter in our lives. I thought about this, and decided that I really liked this analogy. Sin distracts us from God, separating us from Him and His way. It gets in the way of what God desires for us. Clutter is much the same-- distracts us in our lives from Him and His purposes of being clean and orderly. Clutter can distract others in our home from the work that is needed to be done. I know it distracts my kids when cleaning their room... like finding a "new" old toy or book.

So in an effort to contain clutter in my home, mind and life, I have books that I have gotten at Goodwill or thrift stores that help. But even the books can become clutter! Maybe an e-book would be better...?

I found a few quotes online by Vicki Norris that I like...

"I think that being organized is intrinsically connected to your quality of life,” she says. “Also, we don’t live this perfect Martha Stewart life. Being organized doesn’t mean that you live in a magazine. That scares people and it doesn’t seem approachable to people.”
At Restoring Order, Norris and her staff prefer to live an “ordered” life versus an “organized” life.
“Living an ordered life is living life on purpose, putting first things first,” she explains. “Think how your life feels when you can find things and you’re not embarrassed to open your garage doors so your neighbors can see ... then you can live in peace. When you order your life, you regain peace, and that’s priceless.”  (emphasis mine)
Here is a blog that I found that I like, with lots of posts on organizing... go check it out!
http://www.neatlittlenest.com/#!

You can find more organizing posts on my blog here.


1 Corinthians 14:33

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin.

Acts 8:22-24

Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin.”
Then Simon answered, “Pray to the Lord for me so that nothing you have said may happen to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...