Saturday, January 25, 2014

Recipe: Chicken Tortilla Casserole

This recipe is my sister's, one that I had at her home last summer and I really enjoyed. I finally remembered to ask her for the recipe, and here it is! A big thanks to my little sister!!


Chicken Tortilla Casserole

Shredded cheddar cheese
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Cooked chicken (canned, rotisserie or cook yourself)
1 can of Rotel tomatoes
1 can of cream soup (mushroom, chicken, etc.)
8-inch tortillas

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. 

2. Chop the onion and green pepper. Sauté in a little oil. 

3. Mix in the Rotel tomatoes. 

4. Add the soup and mix well. Add the chicken and mix well. Heat through. 

5. Spray a 9x9 or 8x8 baking dish. Layer like a lasagna – tortillas, cheese, then mixture. Reserve some cheese for the top. 

6. Bake, covered for approximately 45 minutes.

7. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until bubbly.
-----------------------------------------
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. (Luke 13:34 NIV)

When the chief baker saw that Joseph had given the first dream such a positive interpretation, he said to Joseph, “I had a dream, too. In my dream there were three baskets of white pastries stacked on my head. The top basket contained all kinds of pastries for Pharaoh, but the birds came and ate them from the basket on my head.” (Genesis 40:16, 17 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...