Monday, February 24, 2014

Music Monday: "I Can Just be Me"

Music Monday: "I Can Just be Me" (by Laura Story)

This is a new song off of Laura Story's new CD, God of Every Story. I love this song and the idea that I can be "ME" with God, I can be my true self. I can come to Him with all my needs, my ugliness, my tears, joys, whatever... and He will be my Father, take me in His arms and show me His love. I don't need to try to have it all together. I don't need to be God, that's His job. I need to do my best, and let Him do the rest. There are times that I try to hold it all together, or feel like a failure, or feel like I don't belong here... just as the lyrics say. I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do. (You can read about/ listen to another song from this CD here.)


"I Can Just be Me" by Laura Story
I've been doing all that I can
To hold it all together, piece by piece
I've been feeling like a failure
Trying to be braver
Than I could ever be
It's just not me

So be my Healer, be my Comfort
Be my peace
‘Cause I can be broken
I can be needy, Lord, I need You now
To be, be my God
So I can just be me

I've been living like an orphan
Trying to belong here
But it's just not my home
I've been holding on so tightly
To all the things that I think
That satisfy my soul
But I'm letting go

So be my Father, my mighty Warrior
Be my King
‘Cause I can be scattered, frail and shattered
Lord, I need You now to be
Be my God so I can just be me

‘Cause I was lost
In this dark world
‘Till I was finally found in You
So now I'm needy, desperately pleading
Oh Lord, be all to me

So be my Savior, be my lifeline
Won't You be my everything?
‘Cause I'm so tired
Of trying to be someone
I was never meant to be
Be my God, please be my God
Be my God so I can just be me
So I can just be me

-----------------------------------------------------------
You can listen to this song on a video here.


Exodus 15:26
He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”


Jeremiah 8:18
You who are my Comforter in sorrow, my heart is faint within me.


Ephesians 5:19b-20
Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...