Sunday, May 4, 2014

Music Monday: "He Knows My Name"

This is another new song off of the CD, "If We're Honest" by Francesca Battistelli.  My daughters love this song too, and sing along while riding in the van. God does see the good in us, and makes something out of nothing. Even though I don't sing on a stage or have my name in lights, as Francesca does, I can still identify with the lyrics of this song. God does know my name, He knows many details about you and me, and adores each one of us. I am so thankful that I am chosen, loved and a child of THE King!
I hope you enjoy this song too!




"He Knows My Name" by Francesca Battistelli


Spent today in a conversation
In the mirror face to face with
somebody less than perfect
I wouldn't choose me first if
I was looking for a champion
In fact I'd understand if
You picked everyone before me
But that's just not my story
True to who You are
You saw my heart
and made
Something out of nothing

[Chorus:]
I don't need my name in lights
I'm famous in my Father's eyes
Make no mistake
He knows my name
I'm not living for applause
I'm already so adored
It's all His stage
He knows my name oh, oh,
He knows my name oh, oh

I'm not meant to just stay quiet
I'm meant to be a lion
I'll roar beyond a song
With every moment that I've got
True to who You are
You saw my heart
and made
Something out of nothing

[Chorus]

He calls me chosen, free forgiven, wanted, child of the King,
His forever, held in treasure...
I am loved

I don't need my name in lights...
I'm famous in my Father's eyes...

[Chorus]
----------------------------------------------------------------
You can listen to this song on YouTube here.


Love the promises in these verses below...

Isaiah 43:1-7

But now, this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush[a] and Seba in your stead.
Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,

I will give people in exchange for you,
nations in exchange for your life.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.
I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth—
everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...