Thursday, September 4, 2014

Marie-Grace & Cecile: Week 1

We had a fun first class of the semester learning about Marie-Grace and Cecile! After we discussed our book, Meet Marie-Grace, we started our craft. The craft had two parts. We made fairy masks this week in class. I bought some silver spray glitter and it needed to be sprayed early so it would have time to dry. Two of my amazing Mom helpers sprayed the masks of the girls that wanted. While they dried, we worked on our Geography notebooks.

These are the pages that I printed for this week:

-A USA map found here.

-Louisiana coloring page found here.

-Map of New Orleans found here. I like this map because it shows it detail some of the parts of the French Quarter that are discussed in the book, including Canal Street, St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square.

 After we worked on our Geography notebooks, we had snack. The snack this week was Beignets, and I found the recipe online here. We also had fruit with it.
 You can see some of the beignets in the box next to the girl eating. They were delicious, and the girls really liked them!
 Finally they got to work on their masks! I found an idea page for the masks here. I bought mostly white masks, but I also had to buy a few gold ones. The girls liked the gold once! I also gave the girls aqua colored sequins, multi-colored gems, a 12" piece of sparkly ribbon and feathers! It was fun to see their neat patterns and creativity!


 Mom is helping... pretty mask! (below)
 The 2:00 class working on their geography notebooks...


One more pose showing off the mask! 

Nest week we will make fairy wings to go along with the mask! I loved being with these girls. They make me smile! I've been sick the past few weeks with cold/sinus infection, then I got on medicine for that, and it gave me a mouth infection! YUCK! But I was SO glad I felt ok enough to teach the girls. What a joy they are! 


Exodus 34:34-35
But whenever he entered the Lord’s presence to speak with him, he removed the veil until he came out. And when he came out and told the Israelites what he had been commanded,  they saw that his face was radiant.Then Moses would put the veil back over his face until he went in to speak with the Lord.

Numbers 6:25-26
"the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’

2 Chronicles 7:14
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...