Monday, September 22, 2014

Women's retreat 2014

I just returned from a women's retreat in the mountains this past weekend. It was a wonderful time, seeing lots of fabulous fall colors and scenery, chatting and laughing with friends, eating chocolate, playing games, hot tubbing, lots of great Bible lessons and teaching. I came home with a full heart, some new books, things for the kids from thrift store shopping and new Crocs shoes! 
 Loved these gorgeous purple flowers (hollyhocks?)
 Fall colors right outside the back door... (don't mind the power pole!)
 Sweet daisies growing, a thing of God's beauty...
 On my prayer walk, I found these pink-red leaves in the middle of the green grass...
 A heart rock, reminding me of God's love...
 Standing firm on the rock of God's promises...
 We talked about how growth takes time, and I enjoyed these trees of different sizes nearby each other, a four-foot one, an eight-foot one, and a twelve foot one...
 God's amazing mountains...
 Love the cloud shadows on the rocky hills... "I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from?"
 Love the contrast of the purple ball flowers (thistle?) and the yellow leaves.
 Sometimes in life, God shows us a path to walk on, and we don't know where it will lead...
 The colors by the stream, so bright, contrasting and peaceful... aaahhh...

 Love the red trees we saw when we went thrift store shopping!
 Our room was decorated with masks with a New Orleans/ Mardi Gras theme. It reminded me of our Marie Grace and Cecile classes! There were also lots of fleur-de-lis around the room.

Singing praise songs to God on Sunday morning. Loved the singing! 
More beauty on the way home..


Exodus 24:13
Then Moses set out with Joshua his aide, and Moses went up on the mountain of God.

Psalm 43:3
Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.

Psalm 121:1
I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 147:8
He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...