Monday, November 24, 2014

Chocolate brownie recipe

For Caleb's recent birthday party, he wanted brownies for a cake. It worked well with our football theme, and I'm always saving money so... I found this recipe that I found a while back. I like it because it is very chocolatey and sweet. It only takes a few minutes to mix up, and it tastes as good or better than brownie mix from the store! You can find on the original blog here.



Our Favorite Fudgey Brownies

Ingredients:
1 cup melted butter
2 cups sugar
3/4 c cocoa
2 t vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt

Directions:
Combine melted butter, sugar, and cocoa powder.   Stir in the eggs and vanilla making sure the eggs are thoroughly mixed in.  Fold in flour, salt and baking powder.  If you are picky you can sift your flour, salt and baking powder together before you add them to the batter, but I never do and my brownies always come out perfect.  Just dump in the flour first; then put the salt and baking powder on top of the flour.  They'll all stir in just fine.   When the flour is mixed in, pour the batter out into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let them cool for about 10 minutes before you attempt to cut.


I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Don't make the same mistake I did though, and add a TBSP of extra flour and an extra five degrees temp for HIGH altitude. 

Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear your review!


Psalm 119:103
How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Proverbs 16:24
Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

Proverbs 24:13
[ Saying 26 ] Eat honey, my son, for it is good; honey from the comb is sweet to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...