Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Kindergarten- K week

We had another enjoyable week in kindergarten homeschool last week. We discussed lots of K things-- keys (counting & sorting), kids, kiwis, K states, kangaroos, koalas, kookaburra, kings, kites, made Kindergarten Kapers (a small scrapbook of school so far). We discovered there are LOTS of K names, and looked at K states on the map. We made a crown when talking about kings, but she doesn't want me to take a picture of her in it!

 Here she is sorting the keys on a file folder game by shape. I went to a key shop years ago and asked if I could have their extra keys for homeschool. They gave me a box of about thirty keys, and we have been playing with them ever since! The man at the key shop wanted to ensure that the kids would NOT put them into outlets, stressing the safety factor to us. They are only out if I am watching and guiding them with the keys.
 We made this in art-- Koala Tp tube craft and we found the directions online here: http://www.dltk-kids.com/animals/mkoala2.htm I think it is so cute!
Here is the kite we made in art. She traced and cut out the orange pieces and Mommy helped with the black pieces. Her tracing, writing and cutting are getting so much better after 12 weeks of school!
I love to see her work and grow a little more each week. She did "fly" her kite around the house a lot after we made it. : - D


Genesis 17:6
I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. (blessing to Abraham)

Isaiah 22:22
I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

Isaiah 33:6
He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...