Friday, December 5, 2014

Recipe: Kirkridge porridge

I haven't posted a recipe for a while, I feel like everything original that I have has been posted, but that is not so! Enjoy this breakfast recipe for a nice twist on oatmeal!

This recipe is from my mom, who got it from her mom. I remember my Grandma every time I make it. It is a good recipe for a cold, snowy morning. We often have it on Christmas morning when we are at my parent's house. I hope you'll try this hearty, family friendly recipe!

Kirkridge Porridge
Boil 4 cups of water then add:
1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 cup raisins,
and return to a boil.

Add 2-3 chopped apples
1/3- 1/4 cup wheat germ, and
2 cups quick oats.

Boil one minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat, add 1 tsp vanilla. Let stand.

Optional: Add a chopped banana before serving.

Toppings: chopped pecans or walnuts, brown sugar or cinnamon sugar.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

This recipe is easy to double if you have more than 6-8 eaters. It is good as leftovers the next day too!

Let me know if you try it, I'd love to hear your review!


Psalm 17:8
Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings

Proverbs 7:2
Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.

Song of Songs 2:5
Strengthen me with raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am faint with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...