Thursday, February 26, 2015

American Girl: Addy week 5 (time #2)

This week in American Girl class, we discussed Addy Saves the Day, book five in the Addy series.

After we discussed the book, we began our craft which was Spool Puppets. These were mentioned in this book, as they made them to sell at the fair. You can find directions to make them on my blog here. I didn't take many photos this week, since it was an "all-hands-on-deck" type of craft.
 The girls had fun coloring the spools to make them look more like a doll...
 I liked seeing the variety of faces and colors on the dolls!
This is my doll that I made a few years ago...

Our snack was Molasses Cookies and Iced Tea. The snack mom this week used her own recipe and brought bottled iced tea. Here is a good recipe for old-fashioned molasses cookies.

Next week is our last week of Addy, and then we will begin Samantha. We have another fun craft for next week!


A few verses about freedom...

Psalm 119:45
I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.

Isaiah 61:1-3
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...