Thursday, April 30, 2015

American Girls: Samantha Week 6 (time #2)

This week in Samantha class, we discussed book six in the series, Changes for Samantha. I also read from Welcome to Samantha's World about orphan trains. For craft, we made a pressed flower bookmark and animal chains. The animal chains pattern and idea came from Addy's craft book. I thought about making paper dolls, since it was discussed in the book, but chose animal chains instead.

For the bookmark, this idea came from Samantha's Craft Book. I gave each girl one piece of 2 X 6" piece of pasteboard and parchment paper. I cut one piece of 8" blue cord per girl. I put glue in a bowl to use to paint on the poster board and parchment. They glued the flower on the bookmark and put the parchment over top. Then we punched a hole and inserted the cord. They turned out lovely! I used my own flowers again, as my pink impatiens plant has been blooming for 3 months! I pressed the flowers in dictionaries to dry.
 Painting the posterboard piece with glue...
 Flower pressed onto the glue, covering the parchment paper with glue...
 We had Sugar Cookies for snack. The snack mom this week used her own recipe. Another mom brought chocolate chip cookies too.
 Making the animal chains with tracing paper and construction paper...
 Tracing onto construction paper...
 Eating another cookie...
 This girl graduated from six semesters of American girl class! I will miss her quiet sweetness!
 Animal chains sample...
 My daughter's bookmark completed sample...
 I got a flowering gerber daisy from a student! So sweet!
I've loved teaching this class this Spring... I'll miss the girls this summer! In the fall we will be studying Rebecca and Kit in the timeline of American Girls!



Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.”

Matthew 6:28
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.

Luke 12:27
“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...