Monday, June 29, 2015

Bathroom remodel (downstairs)

One of my goals this summer was to remodel our downstairs bathroom. It had plaid wallpaper on one wall, and it was not a terrible print. It was a large plaid with tan and blue lines. We have lived in our home for five years and have dealt with it. But I was tired of the wallpaper. I got a little bored on Monday and decided to try taking down the wallpaper. It quickly became a rest of the day job. The next day, my hubby and I shopped for paint and decided on two light blues. The lighter one for three walls and the darker one for the old wallpaper wall. On Wednesday, I primed the walls with old white primer that we had. Even the ceiling was painted tan, like the three walls. I primed that too. I ran out of primer, but my hubby found more in the garage. I finished priming it on Wed. night. On Thursday, I painted the ceiling white and the three walls light blue. I really like the light blue color. It needed two coats, so I did another coat on Friday morning. On Saturday, my hubby finished the job with a few touch-ups, and painting the last darker blue wall. Then we changed three fixtures too, from gold to silver. We put in a new TP holder, towel holder and faucet. I really like the difference! There are a few other minor changes, but we are loving it so far!
I was so happy that it was just one wall... it was really stuck on there!

My beautiful cap ; - D ... so I didn't get paint in my hair while painting the ceiling...
Finished! One corner...
The new towel holder by the mirror...
My essential oil cabinet hung again...
The new faucet and drain...
The cabinet is hung! 
We hung two wall-hangings (Psalm 51:7 from an idea from Pinterest, and the painting from my artist Mom-in-law!), and still need to hang a few others, but it is nice to have the bulk completed! It's another sea life theme... even the basket is new!




Isaiah 42:10
[ Song of Praise to the Lord ] Sing to the Lord a newsong, his praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Ephesians 4:22-24
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;  to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...