Thursday, October 15, 2015

American Girl class: Rebecca week 5 (time #2)

This week in American Girl class, we discussed Rebecca to the Rescue (book 5 in Rebecca series). I had also printed pages from Wikipedia about Coney Island, and showed the girls some pictures and read parts of the pages in class. I also read parts of the back of the book. 

For craft, we made a paper bag for prizes, and then we played games to win small prizes. We played bowling and we play beanbag toss. In the 2:00 class, we had enough time to play Hullabulloo. The girls liked playing the games a lot!  For prizes, I meant to bring candy that I had at home, but I forgot it. I did bring lots of stickers and plastic bracelets. The girls really liked them!
 Coloring their brown paper bags...
Our snack this week was Root beer and Coney dogs. (hot dogs in buns with chili sauce). Most of the girls liked the snack, especially the root beer! The snack mom also brought ketchup in case the girls didn't like the chili. There was about 1/2 of the girls that didn't want chili. 

 Eating coney dogs for snack...
 Playing bean bag toss...
 Girls in the middle of the room, waiting to play games...

 The bowling set that we used was one with animals on it that we got as a gift years ago, and my kids still play with it!  The girls waiting to play games...

It was a very fun class! We only have one more week left of Rebecca before we begin KIT! The semester is going quickly...


1 Corinthians 9:24
[ The Need for Self-Discipline ] Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

1 Corinthians 9:27
No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...